I created this recipe for the wonderful people at Joe’s Tea Co. It combines my go-to pancake recipe with the leaves from their gorgeous Chocca-Roo-Brew tea. Cooking with tea leaves was a new experience for me this time around and I am really happy with the outcome! Do you bake with tea? Let me know your tips in the comments!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup Joe’s Tea Co. Chocca-Roo-Brew tea (or similar)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. flax oil
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Leaves from 1 Joe’s Tea Co. Chocca-Roo-Brew tea (I used the leaves from the bag I used to make the tea, above)
- In a food processor, blend banana, tea, syrup and oil until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and whisk in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Cook 1/4 cup mixture at a time in a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with toppings of choice. I used chocolate peanut butter, stewed raspberries and granola.