Porridge is my absolute go-to breakfast, especially in the winter, and I almost never get bored of it. But when I have a little bit of extra time in the morning, I love baking it in the oven to give it this incredible cakey/bready consistency.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medjool dates
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- Small amount vegan butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 160 celcius and lightly grease an oven-proof bowl or dish with vegan butter.
- In a small bowl mash half the banana, stir in the other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to your oven-proof bowl and top with slices of the remaining banana.
- Bake for 25 – 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Plant-based yoghurt
- Nut butters
- Maple syrup
- Desiccated coconut