Whoever said you needed eggs to make a fluffy, American-style pancake massively underestimated the power of the good ol’ flax-egg and baking powder trick. As well as being completely vegan, these pancakes have also got a secret banana hidden inside so are technically one of you’re 5-a-day…you can thank me later…
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour (GF works too)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener (agave, maple syrup etc.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine the banana, milk, oil and sweetener and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients, add the liquid mixture and stir well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture to the pan at a time and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles start to appear in the centre and flip. Cook for 2 more minutes on the second side.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture (makes 5-7 pancakes).